Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Right in the middle of it

I hope and expect in faith to look back at this post and see the wonderful things God has done for me.
I thought I would post this as I am currently in the thick of it, holding onto the word, just like the climber is holding onto the rock.
Last year, as the recession hit, work started to dry up for me. I found I was going to work and rather than being busy all day, found I may only be busy for half the day. I prayed to God and made a list of things I wanted God to talk to me about in my life. Work, career and whether I should pack up and move somewhere else was one of them.
God clearly spoke to me in my daily reading from Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 42
    10If you will remain in this land, then I will build you up and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pull you up; for I will relent and comfort and ease Myself concerning the evil that [in chastisement] I have done to you [and I will substitute mercy and loving-kindness for judgment].
    11Be not afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom you are fearful [with the profound and reverent dread inspired by deity]; be not afraid of him, says the Lord, for [he is a mere man, while I am the all-wise, all-powerful, and ever-present God] I [the Lord] am with you to save you and to deliver you from his hand.
    12And I will grant mercy to you, that he may have mercy on you and permit you to remain in your own land.

This spoke very clearly to me that I was not to leave my work, but rather stay. That God wouldn't allow me to be uprooted, but instead I would be built up. Incidentally, the Israelites Jeremiah spoke to didn't obey this word, and did in fact leave for Egypt with bad results.

So I have stayed, and seen many days now where I come to work, and then leave without having had anything to do. It is psychologically very difficult. To sit at a desk for 8 hours with nothing to do is one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.
I was told yesterday, that things will get harder, investment is not coming, and redundancies are coming.
The small office I work in paniced immediatley, doom and gloom, and people straight away looking for jobs.
Myself? I can't get away from the word I was given. I had no peace to look for another job, so haven't. I have prayed that when the season of that word ends, God will clearly and peacefully lead me on by his word and the prophetic. But for now I still endure a lot of days of nothing. My task is to keep my head up, to leave each day praising God and being a blessing to my family.

1 comment:

  1. The end is almost here: http://hesatwork.blogspot.fr/2013/05/it-is-done.html

    ReplyDelete